You may recall all my whining about my fair isle class hat being too tall last week. Well, I had an entire class left, so I decided (GASP!) that we were going to rip out and redo the top part. David did the hard part of ripping it out and getting it back on the needles for me (thank goodness - ripping out like that drives me bonkers), and then I just went ahead and finished up the top part of the hat again.
I'm much, MUCH happier with this finished hat now.
See the cute little i-cord thingy on the top? I wouldn't do that on most hats, it just felt right on this one. It's basically just a 5 stitch i-cord instead of binding off, and then a little knot tied in it.
Overall, I think a hat makes a great first fair isle project. It's just the right size - not so small that you're struggling with needles and keeping track of everything and not so big that you get frustrated and want to quit.
The daffodils are mostly done and now we've moved into tulips. Or actually, quickly through the tulips because it was hot and they all opened on the same day.
I'm in the home stretch on the Arwen cardigan! I finished the second sleeve last night and started working on the hood. I think I'm going to take lonnnnnnng break from doing cables after I finish this. And possibly a long break from regular stockinette stitch. Getting a bit sick of it. And it looks like I'll finish the cardigan just in time for it to be too warm to wear it. What fun I'll have in fall though!
And finally... a tiny bit of yarn p0rn from the Fiber Festival last weekend. I need to figure out if the person who dyed this has a website - the tag has her email address but no website listed.
I bought two skeins from her - one in black and pink (yum) and this tiger stripe yarn. I have no idea what kind of yarn dye I was sniffing, these aren't really my normal colors. Sock yarn brings out the extremist in me, apparently.