Fun things I've been watching, reading, or listening to this week
- Watched North & South, from the BBC - featuring my new BBC crush, John Thornton. Based on a book by Elizabeth Gaskell. Yummy. I'm not sure why I've never heard of it, it was done in 2004.
- Watched 300. I'm not generally into violent movies, but I do like comic book adaptations. I'm especially fond of the adaptations where they take a comic book and basically turn it into a movie frame by frame - where you can tell the movie you're watching is based on a comic book. I wish I had seen this one in the theater, I really enjoyed it.
- Tegan & Sara's new album, The Con. When I buy music now, it's usually just a song or two from iTunes. But I bought the entire album because it's that good. I've listened to this so many times on my iPod, I've got it memorized.
- Listening to the audiobook of The Mummy Case by Elizabeth Peters. Book 3 of the Amelia Peabody series. Someone on Ravelry turned me on to these excellent audiobooks. The narrator, Barbara Rosenblat, does an amazing job. Totally worth checking out.
- Reading the Player of Games by Iain M Banks. I've read several of his other books (Consider Phelbas is particularly good) but somehow missed this one. Really enjoying it. Banks writes both fiction and science fiction, this is one of his science fiction books.
- Watched Hot Fuzz, basically a British send up on cop action movies by the same people who did Shaun of the Dead . I laughed so hard I was practically crying.