We had a gift exchange at the knitting guild meeting last week. I received a really cute knitting bag that is perfect for setting next to my main knitting chair, it holds a ton of stuff. I gave a skein of Hickory Bluff alpaca yarn (mmm...) and this little project bag:
The design is my own, but it's basically just a simple lined mini tote bag and then I added a tab and button. I think it was just about the perfect size to use as a project bag for something like a scarf, hat, or socks. The exterior fabric is an Amy Butler print and the interior was some plain green cotton fabric.
I have this on-going problem when I'm making bags like this with the handles. I keep ending up with my handles flipped inside out and then ending up ripping out the seam and re-sewing the whole top part to fix the issue. I think I need to take some pictures next time and put them up on my bulletin board so I have a constant reminder of the right way to do it.
Despite the handle error, I had a lot of fun putting this bag together and it was a great way to use up some smaller pieces of fabric. Sounds like this could be my next sewing obsession :)