I'm working on a grant submission right now that's due on Friday. I just finished a draft and sent it off to a bunch of people to look at, so I'm taking a momentary blogging break.
Fine. Truth be told, I also took a few minutes to look at LOLCats first.
I have a bunch of FOs I'd like to post, but they're all secret knitting and I can't yet. I also have some yarn pictures and other pictures to share, but I totally failed to upload them to flickr (duh).
Desperately in love with these VW Beetle daisy tail light covers. Yes, they are kitschy but I saw some on a bug at the post office the other morning and they were insanely awesome.
- The Soundtrack to Once. Didn't love the movie as much as the critics did, but love the music.
- Misc songs by the Pine Leaf Boys. They were profiled on NPR the other day. Great music.
- Every Scene Needs a Center by Tullycraft. Sometimes you just need some peppy pop tunes.
- The Con by Tegan and Sara. Love. This. Album.
- Lots of misc classical and instrumental music, for times when I need to seriously concentrate.
- The West Wing - I'm slowly re-watching the whole series (thank you Netflix) and right now I'm in season 4.
- Robin Hood, Season 1 - the first disc was total junk but it has Richard Armitage so I watched the second disc. Still a little undecided on the show overall.
- MI-5, Season 5 (Spooks in the UK)- The first disc of season 5 jumped the shark so hard I'm not sure how they can possibly move forward with the show. But interested enough to see what might come next.
- The 10 books and 100+ articles on my reading list for my qualifying exam. No. Not kidding. Wish I was.
- New jeans from Lane Bryant. They changed their sizing scheme a few months ago. Personally? Not thrilled with the new sizing. The jeans have stretch in them and according to the salesperson (and my experience so far) don't shrink at all in the wash. Which would be nice, but they stretch a lot while you're wearing them. I've also never had problems with length in pants before, but the regular size is about 1" too long (and petite was, of course, way too short). Irksome.
- Tickets to Japan. No. Really. Leaving on April 4th, after I finish this batch of school massive busyness. Using frequent flyer miles mostly leftover from my old job. Tim is taking charge of most of the planning because if I had one more thing to do, my brain would explode. I'm a total vacation control freak, so this is a bit of an experiment for us.
- For my friend J who is expecting her baby at the end of this month.
- For a Valentine's Day card swap through ravelry - opening the mailbox and getting a bunch of Valentine's Day cards so takes me back to 2nd Grade (in a good way)
- To have cleaned up my whole knitting stash in the 2nd bedroom, so nice to be organized again
- For new malabrigo silky merino - not that I have any yet, but I can't wait to get my hands on some